How sustainable is your destination? Here is the answer!
Do you manage your destination already in a sustainable way? Find out here!
Is your destination sustainable? Yes? No? You don’t know exactly? No problem! We tell you, here and now and completely free of charge! Answer 20 multiple choice questions in our Free Destination Sustainability Check and get the result immediately.
There is no way around sustainability. This applies to tourism as well as to everyday life. We have lived too long at the expense of future generations. It is time to reverse the trend and shape the future sustainably. Destinations play a particularly important role in tourism. They hold many strings in their hands and, thanks to their good connections to all stakeholders, local tourism companies and politicians, can take a leading position in the transformation of a destination.
Important pillars of a sustainably managed tourist destination are, in short:
- Involvement of all stakeholders
- Promoting cooperation with stakeholders and between stakeholders themselves
- Strengthening relations among stakeholders and with the tourism industry
- Encouraging all stakeholders to work more sustainably
- Development and planning of a strategy for the introduction of sustainable tourism
- Measuring tools for social, economic and ecological goals
- Protection of nature
- Protection of cultural heritage
What are the benefits of sustainable tourism and a sustainable destination?
- Helps to reduce poverty
- Sustainable tourism creates jobs for the local community
- Helps sharing locals customs, traditions, products, which make people proud
Tourists stay longer and spend more money. Attracts a different travellers. Less price sensitive tourists that ready to pay more, who have higher income and usually spent 50% more during trip. On top, this group travels more often. (LOHAS)
- Gives a better reputation when showing commitment to care for people and the planet
Advantage against competitors
- Sustainability is going to be mainstream. It grows continuously. There is a risk to come behind.
- Fair treated and respected locals are more loyal and proud of their destination and welcome tourist in a more friendly way.
- Sustainable management leads to reduced costs by saving electricity, water, fossil fuels, paper and more.
- Helps improving the transport system and also water, electricity, waste facilities
But now to you! You want to know whether your destination is already sustainable today or how far you have come on your way. Then click to come to our Free Destination Sustainability Check.